Monday, October 17, 2011

K. Dawn Byrd and Mistaken Identity

Thanks to K. Dawn Byrd for stopping in and sharing about her newest release!

India McGuire's peaceful life is shattered when on the night of her engagement to David

Richards, she comes face to face with Chase Porter, a long lost love. India must come to terms with her overpowering feelings for Chase and choose between David, the neighbor who says he loves her, and Chase, the man who broke her heart.

Chase's plans of leaving quietly turn to disaster when he finds that it's impossible to disappear without seeing India one last time. Feelings begin to surface that he believed buried forever and he finds himself fighting to win her back even as David struggles to hold onto her.

India longs to follow her heart, but she's been hurt too deeply. Who will she choose? The neighbor who can provide stability or the man she vowed to love forever who may once again heed to the call of the open road?

1) How did this story come to you?
This story actually started as a post-WWII story about a man who goes away to war and returns many years later to find his ex-girlfriend engaged to someone else. Once I began writing, the WWII era just didn't feel right and the story became a modern day romance.

2) Tell us about the journey to getting this book published.
I had already published several books with Desert Breeze Publishing and when they reopened submissions, I pitched it and they reserved a spot.

3) Tell me three things about yourself that would surprise your readers.

1) I own two hairless Chinese Crested dogs.
2) I love sour things....pickles, lemons, sour candy.
3) I used to ride a Harley, but gave it up in order to have more time to write. (My husband always wanted to stay out way too long and take the scenic route home. He still has his bike, but I don't miss mine at all.)

4)What are you working on now and what's next for you?
I'm writing the sequel to my first young adult romance, Mistaken Identity, which released in June.

Future releases are:

January 2012- Zoe Mack and the Secret of the Love Letters (the first book in a
college-age mystery series that's heavy on the romance)
April 2012- Shattered Identity (young adult sequel to Mistaken Identity)
June 2012- Zoe Mack and the Case of Fatal Attraction
December 2012- Zoe Mack (Book #3- not yet titled)

5)Parting comments? Thank you for hosting me! For those of you who love
Christian fiction, please check my blog for weekly book giveaways. I interview 3-5
authors a week who give away their books. www.kdawnbyrd.blogspot.com

6) Where can fans find you on the internet?

Links:

I'm also on Twitter (kdawnbyrd) and facebook (K Dawn Byrd.) I am the moderator of the Christian Fiction Gathering facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/#!/


Bio: K. Dawn Byrd writes inspirational romance in many different genres, historical, suspense, and young adult to name a few. When not writing, she enjoys with her husband by a gorgeous lake near her home while they plot the next story to be told.
Post a Comment